A Bylaw to Establish Property Tax Penalties and Rebates
The Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. Due Date
Property and other taxes imposed by the Town of Rocanville are deemed to be imposed on the first day of January in each year and shall be due on December 31 of the same year.
2. Penalty on Arrears of Taxes
a) Taxes which remain unpaid after December 31 of the year in which they are levied shall be subject to a penalty.
b) The methods of calculating the penalty shall be:
i) A simple rate of 20% shall be added on January l’s, applied to the total taxes that remain unpaid as at January 1 of the yew in which the penalty is being applied.
ii) A compound rate of 1% per month, added on the first day of February, March, April and May, applied to the total taxes and penalties that remain unpaid at the end of the month preceding the month in which the penalty is being applied.
c) The penalty charges are to be added to and shall form part of the tax roll.
3. Incentive Program to Encourage Payment of Arrears of Taxes
a) A rebate shall be allowed with respect to the payment of tax arrears and penalties.
b) Where a person pays less than the total amount of arrears and penalties, the rebate shall be apportioned.
c) Payments toward tax arrears, made during the month of January, shall be eligible for a 30% penalty rebate.
4. Education Property Taxes
Section 3 does not apply to property taxes levied on behalf of a school division.
5. Repeal Previous Incentive and/or Penalty Programs
Bylaw 2013- 10 is hereby repealed.
6. Coming Into Force
This bylaw shall come into force on December 31, 2014.
Monica M. Merkosky
Sections 272, 279 and 280 of The Municipalities Act
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is hoping to open in March. Stay tuned for an opening date and schedule.
- Birthday party rentals are back!! Cake and all!! Call the Rec Office (645-2164) to book your party.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is looking for volunteers to bake cakes for our birthday party rentals. Cake mix and icing will be provided. Please call the Rec Office at 645-2164 to have your name added to the list.
- We have a swim team! If you are interested in joining the Rocanville Tiger Sharks Summer Swim club, please call the Rec Office.
- There will be a parent meeting on February 5th, 6:00pm at the hall. All are welcome to attend.
Family Literacy Day:
Thursday, February 6th from 4-5:30pm.
A fun variety of stations with Storysacks which include stories, games and fun activities.
Friday, February 7th @ 7:00pm.
Bring your knitting!
Wine Kit Night:
Friday, February 28th @ 7:00pm. With Sandy from Wine and Roses Greenhouse of Langenburg.
Interested in ordering wine, or beer? Come on down to see what Sandy has to offer!
February 1 - 23
- February 1st at 12:00pm – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Blue
- February 8th at 10:15 – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Red
- February 8th, at 12:00 – Novice vs Kahkewistahaw
- February 8th, at 2:15 Atoms vs Yorkton
- February 9th, at 12:00pm – Novice vs Melville
- February 22nd & 23rd – Atom Home Tournament
- February 23rd, at 4:45 – Novice vs Grenfell