Effective: July 22, 2004
June 11, 2008
March 5, 2014
The Town of Rocanville will provide a tax incentive program, applicable to the municipal and school property taxes (Section 298 of The Municipalities Act), for new residences based on the following criteria:
- The incentive shall apply to new constructions and ready-to-move residences.
- The incentive may apply to “used” homes moved into the Town of Rocanville, upon Council’s approval.
- The incentive does not apply to renovations of existing homes or to additions such as garages, decks or sheds.
- Year 1 - 100% Abatement – year construction begins
Year 2 - 50% Abatement
Year 3 - 50% Abatement
Year 4 - 25% Abatement
Year 5 - 25% Abatement
- The incentive applies to the annual levy only, not including local improvements, and will not be entered on the tax roll until the portion of taxes not eligible for a concession are paid. If taxes due are not received by December 31 of the current year, the incentive will not be granted for that calendar year.
- The property owner shall be eligible for the tax concession whether or not the property is occupied.
- The tax concession shall not continue beyond the 5th year.
- The tax concession may transfer to a new owner should the property be sold within the period of the agreement.
- The property owner is required to apply for the tax concession, in writing, prior to beginning construction.
To encourage residential development.