A Bylaw to Provide for Sump Pit and Surface Discharge
The Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
Whereas Section 8 of The Municipalities Act provides a municipality with the authority to pass bylaws respecting public utilities:
And whereas it is deemed desirable to provide for the matters referred to above and to establish a standard for a Sump Pit and Surface Discharge System;
Now, therefore, the Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. This Bylaw shall be cited as the “Sump Pit and Surface Discharge Bylaw”
This Bylaw shall apply to all newly constructed structures including, but not limited to, residential dwellings and dwelling units with a subsurface drainage system within the Town of Rocanville for which a development permit has been applied for after and including May 30, 2012.
3. Definitions in this Bylaw:
4. The owner of every newly constructed structure with a subsurface drainage system shall install a sump pit, sump pump and a dual discharge system such as to allow discharge to the surface and into the sanitary sewer service.
(a) Discharging to the surface:
(b) Discharging into the sanitary sewer service:
5. The Sump Pit and Surface Discharge System shall be installed by a Journeyman Plumber in such a way as to comply with all Town bylaws/ policies and other applicable regulatory authorities.
6. The costs associated with installing a Sump Pit and Surface Discharge System will be the sole responsibility of the owner.
8. Any person in violation of a provision of this Bylaw shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable upon summary conviction to a fine of not less than $500.00 but not exceeding:
9. If a court of competent jurisdiction should declare any section or part of a section of this Bylaw to be invalid, such section or part of a section shall not be construed as having persuaded or influenced the Council to pass the remainder of the Bylaw, and it is hereby declared that the remainder of the Bylaw shall be valid and shall remain in force and effect.
10. Coming into Force
This Bylaw shall come into force and take effect on July 25, 2012.