A Bylaw to Provide for Sump Pit and Surface Discharge
The Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
Whereas Section 8 of The Municipalities Act provides a municipality with the authority to pass bylaws respecting public utilities:
And whereas it is deemed desirable to provide for the matters referred to above and to establish a standard for a Sump Pit and Surface Discharge System;
Now, therefore, the Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. This Bylaw shall be cited as the “Sump Pit and Surface Discharge Bylaw”
This Bylaw shall apply to all newly constructed structures including, but not limited to, residential dwellings and dwelling units with a subsurface drainage system within the Town of Rocanville for which a development permit has been applied for after and including May 30, 2012.
3. Definitions in this Bylaw:
4. The owner of every newly constructed structure with a subsurface drainage system shall install a sump pit, sump pump and a dual discharge system such as to allow discharge to the surface and into the sanitary sewer service.
(a) Discharging to the surface:
(b) Discharging into the sanitary sewer service:
5. The Sump Pit and Surface Discharge System shall be installed by a Journeyman Plumber in such a way as to comply with all Town bylaws/ policies and other applicable regulatory authorities.
6. The costs associated with installing a Sump Pit and Surface Discharge System will be the sole responsibility of the owner.
8. Any person in violation of a provision of this Bylaw shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable upon summary conviction to a fine of not less than $500.00 but not exceeding:
9. If a court of competent jurisdiction should declare any section or part of a section of this Bylaw to be invalid, such section or part of a section shall not be construed as having persuaded or influenced the Council to pass the remainder of the Bylaw, and it is hereby declared that the remainder of the Bylaw shall be valid and shall remain in force and effect.
10. Coming into Force
This Bylaw shall come into force and take effect on July 25, 2012.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is hoping to open in March. Stay tuned for an opening date and schedule.
- Birthday party rentals are back!! Cake and all!! Call the Rec Office (645-2164) to book your party.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is looking for volunteers to bake cakes for our birthday party rentals. Cake mix and icing will be provided. Please call the Rec Office at 645-2164 to have your name added to the list.
- We have a swim team! If you are interested in joining the Rocanville Tiger Sharks Summer Swim club, please call the Rec Office.
- There will be a parent meeting on February 5th, 6:00pm at the hall. All are welcome to attend.
Family Literacy Day:
Thursday, February 6th from 4-5:30pm.
A fun variety of stations with Storysacks which include stories, games and fun activities.
Friday, February 7th @ 7:00pm.
Bring your knitting!
Wine Kit Night:
Friday, February 28th @ 7:00pm. With Sandy from Wine and Roses Greenhouse of Langenburg.
Interested in ordering wine, or beer? Come on down to see what Sandy has to offer!
February 1 - 23
- February 1st at 12:00pm – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Blue
- February 8th at 10:15 – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Red
- February 8th, at 12:00 – Novice vs Kahkewistahaw
- February 8th, at 2:15 Atoms vs Yorkton
- February 9th, at 12:00pm – Novice vs Melville
- February 22nd & 23rd – Atom Home Tournament
- February 23rd, at 4:45 – Novice vs Grenfell