A Bylaw Of The Town Of Rocanville In The Province Of Saskatchewan To Regulate And Control Horses Within Corporate Town Limits.
The Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. This bylaw may be referred to as “The Horse Bylaw”.
2. No person or corporation shall harbour a horse(s) within the corporate limits of the Town of Rocanville without prior written approval from the Town Council of the day.
3. No person shall herd, ride or walk a horse(s) within the corporate limits of the Town of Rocanville without prior written approval from the Town Council of the day.
4. No person shall permit any droppings or litter caused by the horse(s) to remain for any length of time.
5. Further to section 2, any person or corporation who wishes to harbour a horse(s) within the corporate limits of the Town of Rocanville shall apply to the Town of Rocanville, in writing, stating the land description and number of horses to be harboured.
6. Where the Town of Rocanville receives an application pursuant to section 5, the Council may either restrict the number of horses to be harboured or deny the request. The Council need not give reasons for any refusal to harbour so long as the power is exercised in good faith without discrimination and in the public interest.
7. Further to section 3, any person who wishes to herd, ride or walk a horse(s) within the corporation limits of the Town of Rocanville shall apply to the Town of Rocanville, in advance, in writing, stating the date, time, location and any other circumstances relevant to the application.
8. Where the Town of Rocanville receives an application pursuant to section 7, the Council may grant the application, restrict certain specifics of the application or deny the request. The Council need not give reasons for any refusal or restriction so long as the power is exercised in good faith without discrimination and in the public interest.
9. Any person or corporation found guilty of an infraction of this bylaw shall be liable to a penalty of $250.00 per occurrence.
10. Any person or corporation may voluntarily pay the penalty as specified in this bylaw to the Town of Rocanville upon being served with summons within the time specified in the summons, and upon payment shall not be liable to prosecution under this bylaw.
11. This bylaw shall come into force and take effect upon the date adopted by Council.
a) Read a first time this 9th day of September, 2009
b) Read a second time this 21st day of October, 2009
c) Read a third time this 21st day of October, 2009
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is hoping to open in March. Stay tuned for an opening date and schedule.
- Birthday party rentals are back!! Cake and all!! Call the Rec Office (645-2164) to book your party.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is looking for volunteers to bake cakes for our birthday party rentals. Cake mix and icing will be provided. Please call the Rec Office at 645-2164 to have your name added to the list.
- We have a swim team! If you are interested in joining the Rocanville Tiger Sharks Summer Swim club, please call the Rec Office.
- There will be a parent meeting on February 5th, 6:00pm at the hall. All are welcome to attend.
Family Literacy Day:
Thursday, February 6th from 4-5:30pm.
A fun variety of stations with Storysacks which include stories, games and fun activities.
Friday, February 7th @ 7:00pm.
Bring your knitting!
Wine Kit Night:
Friday, February 28th @ 7:00pm. With Sandy from Wine and Roses Greenhouse of Langenburg.
Interested in ordering wine, or beer? Come on down to see what Sandy has to offer!
February 1 - 23
- February 1st at 12:00pm – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Blue
- February 8th at 10:15 – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Red
- February 8th, at 12:00 – Novice vs Kahkewistahaw
- February 8th, at 2:15 Atoms vs Yorkton
- February 9th, at 12:00pm – Novice vs Melville
- February 22nd & 23rd – Atom Home Tournament
- February 23rd, at 4:45 – Novice vs Grenfell