A Bylaw Of The Town Of Rocanville In The Province Of Saskatchewan To Regulate And Control Horses Within Corporate Town Limits.
The Council of the Town of Rocanville, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. This bylaw may be referred to as “The Horse Bylaw”.
2. No person or corporation shall harbour a horse(s) within the corporate limits of the Town of Rocanville without prior written approval from the Town Council of the day.
3. No person shall herd, ride or walk a horse(s) within the corporate limits of the Town of Rocanville without prior written approval from the Town Council of the day.
4. No person shall permit any droppings or litter caused by the horse(s) to remain for any length of time.
5. Further to section 2, any person or corporation who wishes to harbour a horse(s) within the corporate limits of the Town of Rocanville shall apply to the Town of Rocanville, in writing, stating the land description and number of horses to be harboured.
6. Where the Town of Rocanville receives an application pursuant to section 5, the Council may either restrict the number of horses to be harboured or deny the request. The Council need not give reasons for any refusal to harbour so long as the power is exercised in good faith without discrimination and in the public interest.
7. Further to section 3, any person who wishes to herd, ride or walk a horse(s) within the corporation limits of the Town of Rocanville shall apply to the Town of Rocanville, in advance, in writing, stating the date, time, location and any other circumstances relevant to the application.
8. Where the Town of Rocanville receives an application pursuant to section 7, the Council may grant the application, restrict certain specifics of the application or deny the request. The Council need not give reasons for any refusal or restriction so long as the power is exercised in good faith without discrimination and in the public interest.
9. Any person or corporation found guilty of an infraction of this bylaw shall be liable to a penalty of $250.00 per occurrence.
10. Any person or corporation may voluntarily pay the penalty as specified in this bylaw to the Town of Rocanville upon being served with summons within the time specified in the summons, and upon payment shall not be liable to prosecution under this bylaw.
11. This bylaw shall come into force and take effect upon the date adopted by Council.
a) Read a first time this 9th day of September, 2009
b) Read a second time this 21st day of October, 2009
c) Read a third time this 21st day of October, 2009
December 4th - Moosomin vs Rocanville @ 6:00 pm
Rocanville & District Museum Meeting will be held on December 5th at 7pm at the Museum.
December 5, 6, 7, 1
The Rocanville Recreation Walking Club is in full swing. It is offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout the winter months. It provides a safe indoor walking environment for people of all ages to enjoy. Strollers and walkers with clean wheels are welcome and encouraged so bring your little ones with you! Grab a friend, family member or neighbour and come on down to the hall to enjoy some safe physical activity.
The Walking Club is located at the PotashCorp Rocanville Community Hall and runs from 9:15 to 10:45 AM on Tuesdays, 9:15 to 10:45 AM on Wednesdays, and 1:15-2:45 PM on
Admission to the walking club will be by donation and each month the donations will go to a
different community group. The monthly recipient group will be drawn at random on or near the first Tuesday of each month.
Please note, the walking club will be cancelled when the Hall has a booking, the Rec.
Director is on holidays, must be out of the office or is sick.
Only indoor shoes will be permitted.
Everyone is welcome.
We would like the thank everyone who has already participated in the walking club and
encourage those who have not checked it out yet to come join us.