The following is a list of animals the keeping of which is prohibited within the Town of Rocanville:
(a) All Arachnids dangerous to humans (such as scorpions and tarantulas, except tarantulas of the genera Aphonopelma, Avicularia, and Grammostola);
(b) All Artiodactylus Ungulates (such as goats, sheep, cattle, pigs and llamas);
(c) All Bats;
(d) Canids of the following breeds or mixed breeds: Rottweiller, Pit Bull, Doberman Pinscher;
(e) All Cocodilians (such as alligators, crocodiles and caimans);
(f) All Edentates (such as anteaters, sloths, and armadillos);
(g) All Elephants;
(h) All Felids, except the domestic cat;
(i) All Hyenas;
(j) All Marsupials (such as kangaroos and opossums);
(k) All Mustelids (such as skunks, weasels, otters, and badgers) except the domestic ferret;
(l) All non-human Primates (such as gorillas and monkeys);
(m) All Perissodactylus Ungulates (such as horses, donkeys, mules and asses);
(n) All Pinnipeds (such as seals, fur seals and walruses);
(o) All Procyonids (such as raccoons, coatis and cacomistles);
(p) All Raptors, diurnal and nocturnal (such as eagles, hawks and owls);
(q) All Ratite Birds (such as ostriches, rheas, and cassowaries);
(r) All Galliformes (such as chickens, turkeys, grouse, quails and pheasants);
(s) All Anseriformes (such as ducks and geese);
(t) All snakes of the families Pythonidae and Boidae;
(u) All Ursids (bears);
(v) All venomous Reptiles and Amphibians;
(w) All Viverrids (such as mongooses, civets and genets).
Examples of animals of a particular prohibited group are given in parentheses. They are examples only and shall not be construed as limiting the generality of the group.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is hoping to open in March. Stay tuned for an opening date and schedule.
- Birthday party rentals are back!! Cake and all!! Call the Rec Office (645-2164) to book your party.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is looking for volunteers to bake cakes for our birthday party rentals. Cake mix and icing will be provided. Please call the Rec Office at 645-2164 to have your name added to the list.
- We have a swim team! If you are interested in joining the Rocanville Tiger Sharks Summer Swim club, please call the Rec Office.
- There will be a parent meeting on February 5th, 6:00pm at the hall. All are welcome to attend.
Family Literacy Day:
Thursday, February 6th from 4-5:30pm.
A fun variety of stations with Storysacks which include stories, games and fun activities.
Friday, February 7th @ 7:00pm.
Bring your knitting!
Wine Kit Night:
Friday, February 28th @ 7:00pm. With Sandy from Wine and Roses Greenhouse of Langenburg.
Interested in ordering wine, or beer? Come on down to see what Sandy has to offer!
February 1 - 23
- February 1st at 12:00pm – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Blue
- February 8th at 10:15 – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Red
- February 8th, at 12:00 – Novice vs Kahkewistahaw
- February 8th, at 2:15 Atoms vs Yorkton
- February 9th, at 12:00pm – Novice vs Melville
- February 22nd & 23rd – Atom Home Tournament
- February 23rd, at 4:45 – Novice vs Grenfell