A Bylaw To Prohibit The Keeping Of Dangerous Dogs.
The Council of the Town of Rocanville in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. For purposes of this bylaw the expression:
a) “dangerous dog” shall mean:
i) any dog without provocation, in a vicious or menacing manner, chased
or approached a person or domestic animal in an apparent attitude of attack;
ii) any dog having an inclination, tendency or disposition to attack without provocation, to cause injury or to otherwise threaten the safety of persons or domestic animals;
iii) any dog which has without provocation, bitten, inflicted injury, assaulted or otherwise attacked a person or domestic animal;
iv) any dog owned primarily or in part for the purpose of dog fighting or is trained for dog fighting;
v) any Rottweiller, Pit Bull, Doberman Pinscher, or any dog of these mixed breeds;
but shall not include:
i) any dog acting in the performance of police work; or
ii) any dog working as a guard dog on commercial property:
- securely enclosed on the property by a fence or other barrier sufficient to prevent the escape of the dog and the entry of children of tender years;
- defending that property against a person who was committing an offence.
b) “owner” includes:
i) a person who keeps, possesses or harbours a dog;
ii) the person responsible for the custody of a minor where the minor is the owner of a dog;
but does not include:
i) a veterinarian registered in accordance to The Veterinarians Act, 1987, who is keeping or harbouring a dog for the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of a disease or injury; or
ii) an urban or rural municipality, the Saskatchewan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals, a local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or a Humane Society operating pursuant to The Animal Protection Act, with respect to an animal shelter or impoundment facility operated by any of them.
c) “provocation” means an act done intentionally for the purpose of provoking a dog.
2. No owner shall keep, possess, or harbour a dangerous dog within the Town of Rocanville.
3. Any owner found guilty of an infraction of this bylaw shall be liable to a penalty of $250.00 per occurrence, and should a person who harbours a “dangerous dog” not remove the dog by a given date, an additional penalty of $25.00 per day shall be applied to the original $250.00 penalty.
4. An owner may voluntarily pay the penalty as specified in this bylaw to the Town of Rocanville upon being served with summons within the time specified in the summons, and upon payment shall not be liable to prosecution under this bylaw.
5. This bylaw shall come into force and take effect upon the date adopted by Council.
a) Read a first time this 21st day of October, 2009
b) Read a second time this 21st day of October, 2009
c) Read a third time this 21st day of October, 2009
December 4th - Moosomin vs Rocanville @ 6:00 pm
Rocanville & District Museum Meeting will be held on December 5th at 7pm at the Museum.
December 5, 6, 7, 1
The Rocanville Recreation Walking Club is in full swing. It is offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout the winter months. It provides a safe indoor walking environment for people of all ages to enjoy. Strollers and walkers with clean wheels are welcome and encouraged so bring your little ones with you! Grab a friend, family member or neighbour and come on down to the hall to enjoy some safe physical activity.
The Walking Club is located at the PotashCorp Rocanville Community Hall and runs from 9:15 to 10:45 AM on Tuesdays, 9:15 to 10:45 AM on Wednesdays, and 1:15-2:45 PM on
Admission to the walking club will be by donation and each month the donations will go to a
different community group. The monthly recipient group will be drawn at random on or near the first Tuesday of each month.
Please note, the walking club will be cancelled when the Hall has a booking, the Rec.
Director is on holidays, must be out of the office or is sick.
Only indoor shoes will be permitted.
Everyone is welcome.
We would like the thank everyone who has already participated in the walking club and
encourage those who have not checked it out yet to come join us.