A Bylaw To Prohibit The Keeping Of Dangerous Dogs.
The Council of the Town of Rocanville in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. For purposes of this bylaw the expression:
a) “dangerous dog” shall mean:
i) any dog without provocation, in a vicious or menacing manner, chased
or approached a person or domestic animal in an apparent attitude of attack;
ii) any dog having an inclination, tendency or disposition to attack without provocation, to cause injury or to otherwise threaten the safety of persons or domestic animals;
iii) any dog which has without provocation, bitten, inflicted injury, assaulted or otherwise attacked a person or domestic animal;
iv) any dog owned primarily or in part for the purpose of dog fighting or is trained for dog fighting;
v) any Rottweiller, Pit Bull, Doberman Pinscher, or any dog of these mixed breeds;
but shall not include:
i) any dog acting in the performance of police work; or
ii) any dog working as a guard dog on commercial property:
- securely enclosed on the property by a fence or other barrier sufficient to prevent the escape of the dog and the entry of children of tender years;
- defending that property against a person who was committing an offence.
b) “owner” includes:
i) a person who keeps, possesses or harbours a dog;
ii) the person responsible for the custody of a minor where the minor is the owner of a dog;
but does not include:
i) a veterinarian registered in accordance to The Veterinarians Act, 1987, who is keeping or harbouring a dog for the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of a disease or injury; or
ii) an urban or rural municipality, the Saskatchewan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals, a local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or a Humane Society operating pursuant to The Animal Protection Act, with respect to an animal shelter or impoundment facility operated by any of them.
c) “provocation” means an act done intentionally for the purpose of provoking a dog.
2. No owner shall keep, possess, or harbour a dangerous dog within the Town of Rocanville.
3. Any owner found guilty of an infraction of this bylaw shall be liable to a penalty of $250.00 per occurrence, and should a person who harbours a “dangerous dog” not remove the dog by a given date, an additional penalty of $25.00 per day shall be applied to the original $250.00 penalty.
4. An owner may voluntarily pay the penalty as specified in this bylaw to the Town of Rocanville upon being served with summons within the time specified in the summons, and upon payment shall not be liable to prosecution under this bylaw.
5. This bylaw shall come into force and take effect upon the date adopted by Council.
a) Read a first time this 21st day of October, 2009
b) Read a second time this 21st day of October, 2009
c) Read a third time this 21st day of October, 2009
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is hoping to open in March. Stay tuned for an opening date and schedule.
- Birthday party rentals are back!! Cake and all!! Call the Rec Office (645-2164) to book your party.
- The Rocanville Aquatic Center is looking for volunteers to bake cakes for our birthday party rentals. Cake mix and icing will be provided. Please call the Rec Office at 645-2164 to have your name added to the list.
- We have a swim team! If you are interested in joining the Rocanville Tiger Sharks Summer Swim club, please call the Rec Office.
- There will be a parent meeting on February 5th, 6:00pm at the hall. All are welcome to attend.
Family Literacy Day:
Thursday, February 6th from 4-5:30pm.
A fun variety of stations with Storysacks which include stories, games and fun activities.
Friday, February 7th @ 7:00pm.
Bring your knitting!
Wine Kit Night:
Friday, February 28th @ 7:00pm. With Sandy from Wine and Roses Greenhouse of Langenburg.
Interested in ordering wine, or beer? Come on down to see what Sandy has to offer!
February 1 - 23
- February 1st at 12:00pm – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Blue
- February 8th at 10:15 – Pre-Novice vs Moosomin Red
- February 8th, at 12:00 – Novice vs Kahkewistahaw
- February 8th, at 2:15 Atoms vs Yorkton
- February 9th, at 12:00pm – Novice vs Melville
- February 22nd & 23rd – Atom Home Tournament
- February 23rd, at 4:45 – Novice vs Grenfell